Global Sourcing Executive, Medical Devices
Thomas D'Innocenzi: Highly accomplished, results-focused senior international executive with extensive experience in global sourcing and market development
Thomas D'Innocenzi's Bio:
Thomas D'Innocenzi has proven ability in implementing and managing profitable global sourcing operations worldwide. Extensive experience in international market development operations to accommodate rapid growth. Skilled in building top-performing teams, benchmarking performance, and restricting organizations to improve efficiency, productivity, and profitability. Experienced transition leader and change agent.
Tom has provided C-suite strategic planning and consulting support to various global distributors, MNC’s, and manufacturers in brand management, global market development, competitive analysis and global trade analysis. Developed and delivered board presentations as well as senior management workshops in Europe and Asia. Facilitated large contract negotiations between commodity suppliers, brand manufacturers, logistics networks anddistributors.
Promoted global expansion of the Company’s global sourcing and purchasing while increasing shareholder value. Developed and directed the Company’s Global Sourcing division and coordinated multiple international teams in sourcing, purchasing, contract manufacturing, logistics, QA/QC and regulatory affairs. Presented regular updates to the President and the Board of Directors on global sourcing and international procurement strategy andfinancials.
- Surpassed the planned contribution to earnings per share (EPS) of the Company’s Global Sourcing and Procurement goals annually over 6 years. Developed and managed the Company’s globally-sourced product inventory beyond plan representing approximately 1,200 SKUs and 157 product categories in 10countries.
- Appointed Managing Director Shanghai and Bangkok covering the entire Asia Pacific region in sourcing, procurement, operations and partnerships. Direct the activities and direction of US-based Global Sourcing division, Asia-based division and divisional partners for a total of over 150+people.
- Negotiated contracts and business development for 120 manufacturers throughout the Asia region including China, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, India, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines. Lessening dependency on China sourcing from 85% to 50% reduced corporate liability while decreasing acquisition costs and maintainingquality.
- Decreased lead times in delivery of globally sourced product while maintaining 99% fill rates to national distribution centers resulting in a decrease of inventory turns and improved profitmargins.
- Negotiated new contracts with international shipping companies resulting in significant annual savings. Modified business operations in local and international product sterilization increasingefficiencies.
- Implement supply chain improvements in sourcing and procurement resulting in a decrease of transfer costs for all globally sourcedproduct.
- Consolidated separate, numerous corporate-wide purchasing centers into a single global sourcing volume purchase strategy that increased volumes and reduced acquisition costs allowing an acceleration in private brandgrowth.
- Chaired the corporate Global Advisory Board reporting to the CEO and Board of Directors consisting of top CEO's in logistics andsourcing.
Thomas D'Innocenzi's Experience:
VP Global Sourcing; Managing Director Hong Kong / Shanghai / Bangkok at PSS World MedicalNovember 2004 - September 2013 | Jacksonville Florida / Shanghai China / Bangkok Thailand
Promoted global expansion of the Company’s global sourcing and purchasing while increasing shareholder value. Developed and directed the Company’s Global Sourcing division and coordinated multiple international teams in sourcing, purchasing, contract manufacturing, logistics, QA/QC and regulatory affairs. Presented regular updates to the President and the Board of Directors on global sourcing and international procurement strategy and financials.
Managing Director Global Sourcing & Purchasing at Pan Pacific Consulting, LLCJanuary 2001 - January 2004 | United States and Asia Pacific Region
Implemented Asian manufacturing and business services sourcing opportunities for several global customers. Developed key sourcing and business partnerships throughout Asia including manufacturers, technology companies, government regulatory boards and logistics providers.
Managing Director Medical Education & Global Knowledge Management at Knowledge Window, Inc.January 1995 - January 2001 | United States and Asia Pacific Region
Developed and expanded the Company to a position as a leader in e-Learning technology and Asian business sourcing services. Created an international commission for Physician CME credits with the Annenberg Center for Health Sciences. Sold BPO services and associated technology establishing a worldwide market of over 125,000 users in over 15 countries. Established several Asia-based partnerships providing customers with Asian sourcing and business process outsourcing opportunities. Successfully acquired investment with subsequent sale of the Company to Asian investors.
Senior Director - Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Practice at Trecom Business SystemsJanuary 1993 - January 1995 | United States
Created and managed a highly profitable pharmaceutical and healthcare practice for the Company. Assisted executive management in the strategic planning and implementation of development of the practice. Managed over 30 senior consultants providing services to major pharmaceutical and healthcare organizations.
Manager International Business Systems at Merck & Co.January 1983 - January 1993 | United States and European Union
Managed a team of business professionals and developers for implementation of Corporate systems throughout Europe and Asia. Directed subsidiary staffs in methodology, management and reporting of local sales data in accordance with local and federal regulatory requirements. Coordinated the efforts of several corporate management teams including manufacturing, marketing, business development, regulatory affairs and IT for successful implementation of manufacturing and sales force systems in over 12 European and 10 Asian countries.
Sr. Analyst - Research & Development ; Sr. Analyst - Industrial Engineering at Jonhson & JohnsonJanuary 1981 - January 1983 | United States
Developed and implemented data analysis systems for key corporate areas including research & development, regulatory affairs & compliance, industrial engineering and IT.
Honorable Discharge at United States Air ForceJanuary 1978 - January 1980
Managing Director USA / ASIA at Nova Advisors, LLCOctober 2013 - Present | Jacksonville Florida and Bangkok Thailand
Provided C-suite strategic planning and consulting support to various global distributors, MNC’s, and manufacturers in brand management, global market development, competitive analysis and global trade analysis. Developed and delivered board presentations as well as senior management workshops in Europe and Asia. Facilitated large contract negotiations between commodity suppliers, brand manufacturers, logistics networks and distributors.
Thomas D'Innocenzi's Education:
Northeastern UniversityConcentration: Operations Technology
Middlesex County CollegeEngineering Certificate with High HonorsConcentration: Computer Engineering
Thomas D'Innocenzi's Interests & Activities:
Asian trade and culture, Linguistics, Astronomy, Cosmology, Piano